The College of Progressive Education are one of the providers of the Momentum Skills for work training in Cork Central and SW Cork http://www.momentumskills.ie.
The College of Progressive Education are now looking for Jobseeker candidates for their second round of training in Contact Centre Technical Support.
Work is available to them once they gain the necessary skills and knowledge.
The programme overview you will see below and the invitation to the open day is attached.
- The programme will run for 35 weeks full time in our training centre “Block 4100 Cork Airport Business Park.
- The programme will prepare people for employment in Contact Centre Technical Support in the Cork City area.
- There are 100 places available which will start in two phases the first on 18th February which is already up and running (40 PLACES) and the second will start week commencing 2nd April 2013 (60 PLACES).
- Minimum criteria for securing a place – 12 months on the live register and a genuine interest in securing employment in technical support after training
- Open day on 19th March in our training centre “Block 4100, Cork Airport Business Park” at 10am to give people an opportunity to discuss the course content and also meeting potential employers and programme providers.
Overview of the programme:
- An intensive IT training program which will enable delegates to gain the necessary core IT skills to take the first step to employment in the IT industry as a Technical Support Engineer.
- A background in the IT industry is not a pre requisite so Job Seekers looking to make the transition from non IT industries such as the construction industry would be ideal candidates for such a program.
- Course participants will have the opportunity to gain the following highly regarded IT industry accreditation during the program.
- Microsoft Office Excel Specialist
- Microsoft Office Word Specialist
- Microsoft Office Outlook Specialist
- FETAC Level 5 Information Technology CITXX
- Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise Desktop Support Technician
- Soft skills training will include the following modules preparing participants for dealing with the general public thus improving their chances even more for gaining employment
- Career Coaching
- Communications FETAC Level 5
- Customer Service FETAC Level 6
- Personal Effectiveness FETAC Level 5
- Business Management FETAC Level 6
- Work Experience FETAC Level 5
At the end of the program the course participants will have been trained to fix and resolve computer hardware and software problems. Course participants will have the knowledge to work in a Technical Support contact centre or an IT help desk environment troubleshooting computer hardware and software faults. The accreditation gained is recognised and highly regarded by the IT industry worldwide.
Please feel free to come along on March 19th to find out more.